The management team of RT-Chemcomposite discussed its readiness for production of composite components for MS-21 and T-50 aircraft. The extended meeting headed by the holding company’s Acting General Director, Kirill Shubskiy, was held at ORPE Technologiya, the company’s press-service reports.
Participants of the meeting considered the aspects and problems related to serial production of composite components for military and civil aircraft, cooperation and future development of the Obninsk-based enterprise. One of the key discussion items was related to phasing out imports. The holding company’s scientific potential may help solve this problem, for example, it refers to launching the production of aluminum honeycomb constructions, RT-Chemcomposite explained.
«One of the most important problems is increasing the efficiency of cooperation between the enterprises involved in development of advanced aircraft», - the holding company’s Acting General Director, Kirill Shubskiy, noted, adding that the joint efforts of all the participants of this process are required in order to meet the delivery schedule specified in the State Defense Order and Federal Target Programs.
The following problems have also been considered at the meeting: increase of the number of automated processes, decrease of labor-output ratio, price formation and upgrade of the production capacities, etc. In the network of the meeting the participants inspected the production sites and a new workshop intended for production of composite components for T-50 jet (the workshop is under construction). A number of decisions aimed at meeting the schedule specified in the State Defense Order and Federal Target Programs have been made.
The press-service reported that the following results have been achieved in the network of MS-21 project:
- Required technologies have been developed, over 4000 test samples and fragments have been manufactured and delivered for testing
- Standard process documentation for production and non-destructive testing of full-scale parts of fin box and tail-plane box using automated fiber placement, cutting and laser projection technologies has been elaborated
- Master models and shape-generating molding tools have been developed and manufactured
- Required technologies have been developed, full-scale fin boxes have been manufactured, one kit has been delivered to assembly line and the second one is being prepared for delivery
- Required technologies have been developed, 2 kits of spars and 2 kits of ribs have been manufactured
Moreover, the enterprise manufactures sound-absorbing panels for SaM-146 engines (9 kits per month). It will also deliver 5 prototype sound-absorbing panels for PD-14 engine.